Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August in Photos

I'm back from vacation, lovelies! I bet you didn't even know I was gone - yes, I'm really proud of my post scheduling skillz this time. I haven't been very active on the social media front recently due to a family visit, and ensuing travels: we went to Portland for a couple of days, and then took a trip to Whidbey Island, both of which were spent lounging about, taking long leisurely walks, eating well and generally having fun. Here are some holiday snaps captured by yours truly and my sister-in-law's phone lenses:
Portland's Pearl District/ Favorite coffee shop/ Powell's Books/ Vodoo Donuts at night/ Deception Pass, WA/ Deception Pass bridge/ Walking on the beach at Whidbey Island/ And some more walking.../The mist coming in from the ocean made for beautiful photos/ Oak Harbor, WA/ Fort Ebey State Park/ Back at home, playing Monopoly

While I was gone, Rocaille Writes was featured on Karen's Make-up And Beauty Blog - if you haven't checked out my interview and a guest post on my favorite eyeshadows, you can do so here and here. I also mention some books I really recommend reading, if you're a fellow bookworm!

I have a big backlog of beauty bits to write about now, and can't wait to get around to it, so be on the lookout for lots more posts coming your way in September. A huge thanks for your lovely comments, tweets and general awesomeness in the past few weeks - you guys rock! Let me know what you've been up to in the comments, I love hearing from you :)

5 comments:

  1. Lol, I just learned that we have the same initials (I don't have a middle name though). When I saw that inglot shadow post, I just got distracted by the cute star necklace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool! Lol, the necklace is from dogeared.

      Delete
  2. It was pretty exciting to see you on Karen's blog! She has great taste obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I kind of chuckled when you mentioned nobody knew you were gone because of scheduling posts. I can relate to that because I do that as well :)

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing your recommendations on 'The Happiness Project', I head off to the bookstore on the same day and grab it. :)

    ReplyDelete